Segways are all the rage these days and rightly so. They are fun to ride and easy to use. With the proper safety adherence, they can provide a great way to take a tour wherever you are visiting. Here are a few safety tips that should be followed when partaking in 2 Wheels Scooter Rentals in Naples FL.
1. Age Limits. While Segways are a blast, they do require riders to be a minimum age. The youngest suggested age is 12. This ensures that the rider generally has the proper hand-eye coordination and leg strength to ride for an extended period of time.
2. Weight Limit. The weight limit for safe Segway use is a minimum of 90 lbs and a maximum of 300 lbs. Staying within this range means the mechanical aspects of the Segway function properly.
3. Before you go on your tour via 2 Wheels Scooter Rentals in Naples FL, remember that the top speed should be around five miles per hour. While the Segway itself can go faster than that, it is not recommended so as to ensure safety for not only yourself but other guests as well.
4. Don’t Forget Your Helmet. Just like a bicycle or motorcycle, a helmet should be worn to protect against head injury in the case of an accident. While it is rare, accidents do sometimes occur, and a helmet is your best defense against unnecessary harm.
5. No Horseplay. The Segway is a motorized vehicle, not a toy. Mature behavior must be conducted while riding on or being near the Segway. Climbing on them or riding more than one person to each vehicle is strictly prohibited.
If you follow these simple and common-sense guidelines, you are sure to have the tour of a lifetime via the coolest personal vehicle out today, the Segway.
For the ultimate Segway tours, check out Extreme Family Fun Spot. They will take you on a tour throughout historic Naples, FL. The entire tour takes about an hour and a half and is appropriate for the whole family as long as age and weight limit requirements are met. Extreme Family Fun Spot are the innovators of family fun time in the Naples area.